Monday, November 26, 2012

New sister trying to be friends

September 25, 2012

Yesterday was a good day, a short ride in the car to the pet store for food and a soft snuggly toy. He loved riding in the car with his foster Mom. He's graduated to laying under a table that's less hidden than the one he chose the first few days.

This morning I used the connector-lead and Chester and his big sister Casey walked tandem down the street with me for awhile. Chester actually took the lead a few times. His gait is best described as "fluid" ... what a beautiful walker. He enjoyed walks like this with his foster brother so we look forward to taking more and longer walks together. Casey walks twice a day, every day and I look forward to the day when Chester and I can walk/jog together alone at our own pace. Glenn walks slower than I do, so Casey does that pace well too. I can already see that Chester will appreciate my faster walk and slow jogging more.

This morning when I went to his kennel-bed to tug his halter to get him up and out of bed, he stood up and walked out of the kennel on his own (that's a first). I am very gentle with him but won't let his disability become an excuse. He's learning our routine and I think he's feeling more a part of our family-pack already.

He still eats well and potties without any issues (I was concerned about the stress of his new home causing some problems with the latter). Apparently no stomach upset at all from the changes.

Although Casey acknowledges him (seeks him out every time she enters the room he's in), today on our walk he nudged his nose up against Casey several times (like to say thanks).



No comments:

Post a Comment