Monday, November 26, 2012

Book notes

October 11, 2012

Chester’s journal has been an eye-opening adventure for me in more ways than I could imagine. In a few short weeks he has changed our lives so much. He’s a joy and a love. He has become a permanent member of our family. Our hope was that we could have a positive impact on his life, maybe help undo some of the damage inflicted on him by others. We could help him know love and develop a real sense of belonging. We had hoped to “rescue” this dog and to become a positive force in his life. That goal is starting to become reality and the rescue part is mutual.


The real surprise is what he has done to us, to me particularly.

I honestly didn’t realize how much of an impact Chester would have on our daily lives.

As a result of Chester’s journey and the new awakening in me, I have made another life-changing decision. I am officially returning to one of my other “loves”.

I haven’t written professionally for 20 years but I have decided to write a book about Chester … “Chester’s Tales … diary of a Golden Retriever rescue dog”.

Actually several books are in the works, about our dogs and about our time on the ranch in Oregon with our cattle.

The Chester journals will continue, but I’ll only post them as he makes significant progress.

I’d like to thank all of you who have encouraged me in this venture, especially my husband Glenn. After 45 years of marriage I have him completely fooled. He still believes I can accomplish anything I decide to do, and he supports me fully in this effort.

Chester and I are not going away. You’ll hear from us soon.

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment