Friday, January 11, 2013

I want to ride

Chester note: New stimulus ... pick up keys, dog gets up and approaches so you can halter and leash his body. Too funny because now even if I'm just going to check the mail in the cluster box down the street, he thinks we should be getting in the car for a ride.


Yay Chester, you're starting to think like a dog!!!

He's always loved to ride in a vehicle, not really particular which one. He's tried to enter strange vehicles in parking lots before. Chester doesn't care, he just likes to ride. The new thing is this timid dog asserting his wishes by approaching me to let me know he wants (or expects) to go. Now the tricky part, getting my keys without him seeing or hearing them. I have to make my monthly trip to Costco and there's no way I'm leaving him in the car for that long.

Apparently it's not just the keys and handbag that get his attention. When I dressed in jeans, a nice shirt, shoes and jacket he left his bed (where he spends most of the day) and followed me to the bedroom door. He knows I'm going somewhere even though the keys are already at the front door and out of sight and sound. Smart boy!! Looks like life is heading in a direction to be more interesting very soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment