Thursday, January 24, 2013

Halter equals "bye bye"

The last several days instead of walking Chester by himself, I've tethered the 2 dogs together for a walk. Glenn calls them the "C" dogs ... Chester & Casey. This morning the "C" dogs were hanging out together downstairs for awhile. When I went to the basement to get them, Chester RAN full out from the bedroom to the family room and stood in front of me at attention, barely able to contain himself. Any time he sees the halter, he's ready but this was beyond his usual level of excitement.

I'm trying to let Chester be comfortable in his environment, but not too comfy. He'd never leave his corner if we let him. We mix things up as much as possible without freaking him out (and he can get freaked out beyond anything I've ever seen). Today the dogs walked together, tomorrow I'll probably go back to solo walk with him, or maybe take them both for a car ride instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment